Thursday, October 2, 2008

J.D. Robb's "In Death" Series

I like it. I really, really do. It's a police procedural set in the future but the future isn't the story, it's part of the background. I don't like reading futuristic type stories where you get so bogged down in all the new inventions and things that you lose the plot. The characters are great - I absolutely adore Roarke and Eve and Peabody. There are enough twists in the plot to keep my interest and just enough of the romantic element to make me smile.

As a Nora Roberts fan (before reading this series), I recognize Eve and Roarke as evolutions of previous characters. Roberts' writing style is also easily recognizable. It's a good series, though. I've started recommending it to my husband. I'm even going to give my brother one of the books. It's nice sharing reading tastes with your brother - even though it means he steals all my books. Though he still prefers Cornwell over Reichs, but hey, he's not perfect either.

So where was I? Oh yeah! If you like your crime stories well written and with some romance, start reading J.D. Robb's "In Death" series. What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment