Sunday, October 5, 2008

October, already?

Can someone please tell me where the summer went? The last thing I remember is my birthday. Now it's October and I've got my Halloween/Fall decorations out. Before I know it, I'll be digging out my Christmas stuff. I feel like I've gotten nothing done this year at all.

Three months have passed since I started it, and I've done nothing on my "Thirty Things to Do Before I'm Thirty" list. I feel like such a slacker. Nothing done on my writing project list - actually I've started three stories that aren't on the list. If you need the definition of slacker just look at me.

I'm really not looking forward to Thanksgiving. It'll be the first holiday since Grandma died. It's going to be really hard going into that house knowing she's not there. It's easier up here to live in denial - I don't have to think about it every day and I can push it aside. It's really hard back home becuase there are so many reminders. I cried for thirty minutes the other day because I found a birthday card, the last birthday card she'll ever send, in a drawer. I guess it's going to be like that for a while.

On another note, I absolutely love the Splenda Flavors for Coffee! Flavor and sweetner with no calories? French Vanilla is my favorite but I'm looking forward to trying the cinnamon spice. I also found out how to make cinnamon toast even more yummy - add a couple pinches of nutmeg to the cinnamon sugar - it's to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment