Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wine Review - Yellow Tail Riesling

I bought a bottle of white wine yesterday because it was an absolutely beautiful day, and sitting out on the patio with a nice glass of wine sounded like a good idea. I prefer white wines because they are crisp and light. Feeling somewhat adventerous, I picked up a bottle I'd never purchased before.

Yellow Tail Riesling.

I'm not a wine conniseur. My palate just isn't refined enough. I've been to wine tastings and heard about what other people pick up in wines. To me, it's just wine, but I know what I like and what I think things should taste like. Other riesling's I've tried have been crisp with a bit of a floral or fruity flavor.

The Yellow Tail had none of those. It was flat on my tongue and the flavor was muddy. Not that it tasted of mud, but that there wasn't any definable flavor. It was like drinking flat cola.

I've got a nearly full bottle of white wine now in my fridge. Any suggestions on what to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment