Friday, October 22, 2010

WotD 10/22/10: October 2000 (Sebastian, Viola)

Word of the Day Challenge 10/22/10
Word: Crepuscular;
adj:
1. Of, pertaining to, or resembling twilight; dim.
2. (Zoology) Appearing or active at twilight.

Timeline: October 2000 (Sebastian, Viola)

Sebastian tossed a sheet of paper on the table in front of Viola before sprawling onto the chair beside her. “I need you to look that up, Vi.”

Eyes narrowed in annoyance, Viola studied the rough sketch of a demon. It had four eyes, curved horns, and was covered in wiry hair. She’d never seen a demon like it before. Abandoning her weekend homework, she retrieved her laptop and logged on to Duke’s pride and joy, the regional Network database.

“Duke saw one of those yesterday, but lost it. He’s swamped and didn’t get a chance to look it up.”

“Is this what I am now: your unpaid, unappreciated research assistant?”

“He said I could take you with me to take care of it.”

“Oh.” Viola flashed him a quick grin. “Give me a sec.”

“I hope it doesn’t take too long. I promised Amy I’d take her to watch the sunset or some crap like that.”

“You’re such a romantic, Bas,” Viola teased. She frowned suddenly and twisted her laptop around so he could see the entry for their demon. “I’m afraid you’re going to miss your date. Pflans are crepuscular. We have to catch it just after sunset.”

No comments:

Post a Comment