Monday, November 29, 2010

Review of "Haunt Me Still"

Haunt Me StillHaunt Me Still by Jennifer Lee Carrell

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I enjoyed this book, but not as much as I felt I should have enjoyed it. The descriptions are wonderfully done, and you feel as if you are right there with Kate. The book is nicely written so that you feel Kate's fear and the awkwardness of her relationship with Ben. The suspense was very nice and I did not recognize the "bad guy" until the very end. All in all, it had everything a good suspense novel needs.



Except for pacing. The book moved too slow. It made gigantic leaps in action, but overall the pace was far too slow. The reader gets bogged down with information about the play, which is interesting, but it makes the entire book drag along.



I will say that I thought the historical interludes were distracting at first, but I did get over and enjoy the secondary plot they brought along to the story.



All in all, I thought was an enjoyable book, but I would have liked it more if it had held my attention for longer stretches of time. This was not a book that I "had" to finish all in one night. I could put it down easily, but I am glad I finished it.



Disclaimer: I received this book through the Goodreads First Reads program.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment