Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Review: Forsaken by Shadow by Kait Nolan

Forsaken By ShadowForsaken By Shadow by Kait Nolan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed this novella. The world created and debuted in this novella is absolutely fascinating; I can't wait to learn more about the Mirus and explore Kait Nolan's playground. The characters are strong and surprisingly well-developed for a novella. Embry is both the typical strong, kick-ass PNR female, but her emotions draw you in and you feel some of her pain. My only complaint was that the transition to the flashback scene was a little jolting and I found myself scrolling forward to make sure I hadn't missed anything, but once I realized what was going on, it was easy to dive back into the story.

For wonderfully fast-paced, descriptive action, brilliant characters, and an exciting new world I highly recomment this novella to anyone wanting to dip their toes into indie books.


Looking to buy your own copy (do it!  do it!)?  Here's the link to it at Amazon and BN

No comments:

Post a Comment