Friday, May 13, 2011

Soundtrack Fridays - Daughters

This song wasn't on any of my original playlists. I like John Mayer just fine, but he didn't fit in with the characters or the story. While going through my frighteningly large collection of music looking for songs to put on playlists (this is a task that can take days because I get distracted), I hit play for "Daughters" because I hadn't heard it in a long time. My husband laughed at how perfectly it seemed to describe Viola and her father. He was right, as he often is. I hate to quote tv pundits, but the "defining moment" in Viola's life was her father's disappearance.

Enough rambling! Here's the song:


John Mayer - Daughters by naoufel-actor

I have a tea party on Sunday (we're going to watch the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice), so I will be baking my little heart out on Saturday. That's what I get for volunteering to make all the food. I found a recipe for a chocolate cake that uses almond milk, and I've never made scones before so we'll see how that turns out. I'll share my triumphs (or, you know, utter failures) with you Monday.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Waiting to hear how the choco cake turned out with almond milk. Sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a huge hit! Will post a picture and the recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete